RSS

It's an adventure. Our family of five is taking a year off from... the normal. Less work. More travel. Even (gasp!) homeschooling! We invite you to come along with us as we head West. Then on to Europe. Even grand times at home in between! Our goals: Rest. Connect. Experience. We hope to grow closer as a family and gain a deeper appreciation of all that God is, does, gives. Scaled back commitments. Scaled up adventure. Come along with us as the story unfolds!

Paris sewers

We're off to explore the inner workings (or should I say under-workings?) of the Paris sewers!
On the metro on our way to the sewers.
Ok, I'm really not sure what to say about our time in the sewers.  We walked through tunnels, saw several displays and explanations about how the sewers work.  We also learned that the Paris sewer system is one of the biggest in the world.  Oh yeah, and I guess it's an engineering marvel how everything worked.  But, to be honest, all I could think about was how bad it smelled!  I know, I shouldn't have been surprised, but all the things I read said that the smell wasn't that bad.  Who are they kidding??  Yuck.  So I didn't learn a whole lot.  I went on ahead and hung out in the gift shop to wait while the others finished. Ask Kevin if you want to know more about the technical aspects of the sewers.

  
Stuffed rats. Hmm, not sure I like this display.

Justin is looking at a mannequin display of something, not sure what.  All I remember is that I wished I had the mannequin's mask.



Daniel taking in the wonderful aroma...Sarcasm at its finest!

Anna had to buy a souvenir, and what else does a girl who loves stuffed animals buy from the sewer gift shop?  A rat of course!  Although, Anna prefers to call it a mouse.
Finally, back out in the fresh air.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment